Our HIC Weekend is Here!
April 1-3, 2016, this weekend.
The Healthy Church Initiative Process up to now has been a two year process. Our HCI team of nine people had shared learning experience with Greenville Kavanaugh UMC. We met monthly, read and studied books about our mission as Christians, prayed together, and encouraged the Board to go on to year two of the process. This second year has been spent gathering data, writing summaries, doing interviews and now, our Consultation Weekend is here.
Here is a summary of what to expect:
April 1-3, 2016
All day Friday is Staff interviews.
Friday evening, 7:00 – 8:30 p.m.
- Focus Group for Non-Leaders. This is for new members, those who don’t have a leadership role, youth, older adults, and faithful attenders. Child care will be provided. The Pastor will not be a part of this meeting. Our HCI Consultation Team will lead the focus group.
Saturday morning, 9:00 – 10:00 a.m.
- Leadership Focus Group. Board members are expected (required) to attend.
All Church Workshop: 10:00 a.m. 3:00 p.m.
- Everyone and anyone is invited to attend
Staff and church leadership are required to attend.
Child care will be provided all day.
Lunch will be served. Chicken spagetthi, salad, green beans, and dessert.
On Sunday Morning: Lead Consultant will preach
Reading of prescriptions will take place after the worship service
No time scheduled for Q & A. Town Hall meetings (three) will be scheduled for Q & A.
Church Conference with District Superintendent will be held to vote on accepting or rejecting prescriptions
- Town Hall Meetings are scheduled for Thursday, April 7, 10:00-noon; Saturday, April 9, 10:00-noon, Fellowship Small; and Monday, April 11, 6:30-8:00, Harvey Class.
- Church Conference, April 17 after Morning Worship Service.