Contact: Mary Logan, President
- May 16, 2017. Program by Rhonda Alley
- June 20, 2017. Salad Luncheon and White Elephant Sale
- July. No Meeting
- August 15, 2017. World Thank Offering
- September 9, 2017. District Annual Meeting at Wesley
- September 21, 2017. Mission Study
- October 17, 2017.
- November 14, 2017.
- December 12, 2017. Christmas Luncheon
The local unit of United Methodist Women (UMW) at Wesley is a small (less than 25) but very active group. During the past year, we have added three new members.
In 2016, we have been involved in many activities, some of which are listed here.
- We sent a gift of $100 to C.C. Young United Methodist Retirement Home in Dallas.
- We sent $100 to Dallas Bethlehem Center. DBC is dedicated to being the success readiness center for school and life in its South Dallas service area through faith-based programs built on parent and community partnerships.
- We also sent $100 to Wesley-Rankin Community Center, which is a United Methodist outreach ministry providing programs for children, youth, adults and families in west Dallas.
- We gave a Gift to Mission honoring L.B. Jordan and Lou Jane Drummond for outstanding service to Wesley.
- We initiated a fundraiser bake sale, and the proceeds of $1,100 went toward the medical expenses for a sweet 4 year old baby girl who needed brain surgery.
- A new mission for us was providing a noon meal to the students at Texas A&M-Commerce at the Wesleyan Campus Ministry. We also donated money to go towards renovations.
- Our Christmas money tree giving went to Holy Highway Girls Home in Pickton.
- Each year, United Methodist Women makes a pledge of funds to the District UMW and to C.C. Young Home. We always pay our pledges in full.
- We also keep UMW World Thank Offering boxes in which we drop loose change during the year.
- We gave $250 to the Methodist Children’s Home in Waco.
This report sounds like it is all about money but we have many interesting, informative, and challenging programs. We have guest speakers from our district and our conference. We have a white elephant sale and luncheon in June, which is a fundraiser and a FUN RAISER! We are few in number, but mighty in spirit. Our goal is to do the work of the Lord in any way we can! Praise be to God!
All women of the church are cordially invited to attend UMW meetings and events. If you have questions, speak to any UMW member.