Our Healthy Church Initiative (HCI) self-study is in full swing. The date has been set for our consultation weekend: March 4-6, 2016. The HCI team has been meeting and dividing up tasks that have to be completed six weeks prior to this weekend. Here’s what we’ve learned so far:
- We have received our ‘Stats’ from the General Council of Finance and Administration. It goes back 20 years and includes info about our membership, average attendance, baptisms, Sunday School attendance, total expenditures, etc. In 1995, we had 535 professing members. In 2013, we had 188 professing members. Our total expenditures in 1995 were $273,343 and in 2013 expenditures were $261,944. The full report will be available for review when we have completed the self-study.
- We are updating the church’s written history. This includes detailed info about property acquisition and building programs. Team members will be going out to Community Reps to ask questions about what they know about Wesley UMC and what we can do for the community. We will also be doing door-to-door surveys with our neighbors around the church.
- You will be given the opportunity to answer a Congregational Survey. This is probably THE MOST IMPORTANT THING YOU CAN DO FOR THIS STUDY!!!! It is your chance to tell us what you think about Wesley. Yes, we need the good, the bad and the ugly. It is online for those who have computer access: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/ntchci2015. We will set up laptops in Wesley Hall for those who would like to take the time to answer this survey while at church. We will also provide paper copies for those who do not want to do this online.
- If you have questions, please ask. The team consists of Pastor Steve, Jim Skaggs, Stanley & Mary Lou Foster, Mary Ellen Kirkland, Dorothy McCaig, Donna Korth, Marieke De Witte and Dicie Rue Cook. We have asked Lou Jane Drummond, Diane Dixon, and Joe Clark to help with aspects of the study. This is a huge process and if we want to see Wesley grow and thrive, it is going to take all of us, including you!!
- Our Mission: To make disciples of Christ for the transformation of the world. How are we accomplishing this: Invite, Disciple, Serve.